The St. Anne Church is one of the most beautiful baroque buildings of Budapest. The construction of the church started in 1740, according to the plans of Kristóf Hamon, and was completed by Mátyás Nepauer in 1761. In the next 200 years the church suffered from wars, floods and earthquakes, even it was planned to be demolished, owing to the construction of the metro network. Fortunately this plan was not realised, and the church was reconstructed between 1970 and 1984.
The program of the concert was adapted for the organ of this church by Miklos Teleki, one of the best organ artist in Hungary. Anasztázia Bednarik, Miklós Teleki and László Attila Almásy regularly give concerts in Hungary, Austria, Germany and Switzerland.
The arias of the program are performed by Kolos Kováts, one of the most famous and talented concert an oratorio singer in Hungary. He recieved the Liszt Ferenc prize (1977), Merit of Art (1984), and in 1992 he recieved the highest prize hungarian artist can aquire: the Kossuth Prize.
Most popular works from the program:
- Vivaldi-Bach: Concerto in A minor
- Georg Friedrich Handel : Largo from the Opera Xerxes*
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Air of Sarastro from the opera Die Zauberflöte*
- Pachelbel: Ciaconna in F minor
- Franz Schubert: Ave Maria*
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Die Ehre Gottes aus der Natur*
- Liszt: Prelude and Fuge on the theme of B-A-C-H
- Giuseppe Verdi: Air from opera Boccanegra*
- Giuseppe Verdi: Air from the opera Nabucco*
- Bach: Toccata and Fugue in D minor